I'm sharing a project today I created for the Sizzix release of the 3D Holly Berries Impresslit. The background was easy to create using 8 1/2 x 11" Watercolor cardstock. I decided on using the background stamp "Sparkles"(CMS324) to stamp at random over the paper. Each time I stamped, I added white Embossing Powder and melted it with a heat tool. Each time I waited for the embossing to cool, then moved on to the next section. As you can see, I left wide open spaces for a distressed finish.
To color the watercolor cardstock (and force the white embossing to show up), I created a mix of colors, Barn Door, Festive Berries, with a little Pumice Stone and Walnut Stain, on my craft mat. I spritzed the watercolor paper with a bit of water, then smooshed the paper into the ink, quickly picking it up to dry. Any white spaces were smooshed back in the ink and dried again. Once I was satisfied, I dried the paper completely, then glued it to the Mini Etcetera Tag (8 x 4 1/2") using Collage Medium. All excess paper was cut away using a cutting knife and self healing mat board.
- Use the Embossing Dabber to add embossing ink to the surface of the Etcetera Cathedral Window.
- With the window on disposable paper, pour Silver Embossing Powder over the top. Tap off excess powder, returning it to the jar.
- Use an Embossing Gun to melt the powder, then let cool.
- REMOVE the protective plastic sheet on the piece of Mirrored product.
- Sprinkle on 3-4 drops of Mushroom Alcohol Ink + a couple drops of gold Alloy.
- Sprinkle on a few drops of Blending Solution to break up the Alloy. Swirl around till you get the look you want, then dry with heat tool to stop the movement. I think when creating this kind of stained glass look it's alway nice to leave some of the clear Mirrored showing.
- Cut the window shape using Tim Holtz/Tonic scissors and add to the Cathedral Window.