The house is decorated for the holiday season and we are counting down the days till Christmas! I have enjoyed sitting and reading in the morning time, with the glowing Christmas tree and the fireplace going (It's electric so I only have to click the button). I'm going to miss it once the tree comes down in January.
As I was working on todays project, I could not help but think of my mom. One of her favorite Christmas songs was Silver Bells by Andy Williams. As I was putting together the Christmastime die pieces the song kept playing in my head. I thought I would share the words here.
- Drill a hole in the center bottom portion of the tag for the lights.
- Thread lights from the back to the front of the tag.
- Wind lights into a circle and adhere to tag surface with scotch tape or hot glue.
- Secure battery pack to the back of tag with Thin Foam Squares. I covered my battery pack with paper to blend into the background.
- Find the two plaid frames from of the Baseboards Christmas pack.
- Using Scor-tape, adhere the Vellum Scene to the center opening in the red plaid frame (do not use a wet medium or vellum will bubble). I chose the one the scene that looks like it could be a toy store window.
- Now adhere the red plaid frame to the green checked frame.
- Since the frame needs to sit high over the lights, I added 4 small wood blocks to the back to raise it.
- Cut two scallop Etcetera Trim pieces to the fit the tag. Since I'm using the small Etcetera Tag, I cut the trim so there were 11 scallops (they cut pretty easy with Tonic/Tim Holtz scissors).
- Glue the two pieces together to make one thick shelf.
- Paint the shelf with Picket Fence Distress Paint. Once dry, add Crackle Texture Paste over the top and set aside to dry.
- Once dry, go over the top with Walnut Stain Distress Crayon to bring out the cracks in the paste.
- Use Collage Medium to add cotton batting to the top of the trim. I also added it to the "window ledge" of the red frame.
- Add the frame centerpiece to the center of the tag so the lights end up behind the Vellum Scene.
- Using Collage Medium, add the shelf under the frames so they sit right on top and become like storefronts. Let dry completely.
- Add a double row of "a merry little christmas" Trim Tape to the bottom of the tag.
- Greenery was added to the shelf that was left from last weeks Package Topper projects. If you missed that post you can see it here. I also added holly and a red Bauble to the lamp post.
- Add a bit of wired tinsel to the top using a glue gun.
- Any kind of ribbon or string can be added to the top of the tag. I used red and white string and a couple of glittered bells.
- Once everything was in place I tapped a bit of Collage Medium onto the cotton batting and sprinkled Distress Mica Flakes over the top to add some sparkle to the snow.