Here is what you will need to make one:Scraps of six coordinating Eclectic Elements fabrics for front
1/2 yard of Eclectic Elements fabric for the back
Craft felt (3 colors for the heart and leaves)
1/2 yard Warm and Natural batting
7 vintage buttons in varying sizes
Heat’n Bond Ultra Hold
Sizzix Alterations Block Talk Die
Sizzix Alterations Mini Hearts Set
Note: 1/4” seam allowance used throughout
- Cut Eclectic Elements fabric into short strips 2 - 4" wide. Cut a few different widths for each print.
- Stitch fabric strips together, working out from the block that will have the word on it.
- Continue adding strips till the piece is approximately 12 x 15”. Press seams flat.
- Layer batting and quilt top together. Quilt as desired.
- Iron Heat’n bond to small pieces of felt.
- Use Sizzix Alterations Block Talk and Mini Hearts to cut out letters and heart.
- Iron letters onto patchwork top in desired block.
- Sew buttons and leaves beside word.
- Iron heart next to word. Top stitch with embroidery floss.
- Cut a piece of Eclectic Elements fabric approximately 1” larger on all sides, than the quilt. Example: if quilt top is 12 x 15” the backing should be 14 x 17”
- Lay quilt top on top of backing. Pin into place. Roll edges of fabric onto front side to form binding.
- Stitch binding in place with machine or by hand.
Eclectic Elements Giveaway
I have some fabric to give away today so you can make a wall hanging all your own. Just leave me a comment and I will pick 4 winners on Saturday morning (Sept 13th).