We are back from our little adventure up the California coast. What a nice time we had visiting family, seeing friends and doing a little junk shopping (okay, and I might have bought a few pairs of shoes too). We had a great time although I wish we could have avoided the darn 98 degree weather that was hanging around.
Today's project might take a few hours to complete but it was so relaxing I'm already planning another project using the same technique. The best thing about? there is no wrong way to do it. Just pick the colors you like and color away.
I started the project with the Tattered Flower Garland decorative strip and some Ranger manila cardstock. I cut the decorative strip twice to get enough of the flowers and leaves I needed.
Spun sugar is so light that I used it all over the background, dabbing off the flower areas.
I went around some of the flowers. My goal was to get the stain into the part between the flower petals. The color comes out bold which is fine...just keep following along.
Working in small groups, I outlined each flower with Mustard Seed.
For the purple flowers, I colored each with Weathered Wood base coat.
It's coming along...
When I glued the flowers on the surface I had every intention of cutting off the flowers that are hanging over the edge. In the end, I liked the way it looked so much that I decided not to.
Compass Coin + Numeral - painted with gesso and several colors of Distress Paint
Gem Clip - colored with Alcohol Ink
Muse Token with white Dabber Paint hanging from a Ring Fastener.
Crinkle Ribbon - colored with Faded Jean Distress Stain
Mini Gears + mini fasteners
Okay, now back to working on secret CHA samples...