Tim wanted us to get a feel for some of the new product coming out at CHA. This isn't the entire line, we will have to wait to see the rest in person at the show. To see the entire summer release, Tim has been giving sneek peek's this week, so be sure and get the latest on his blog.
(click on image to see larger)
New product pictured above:
Three paper pads: Holiday's Past, Seasonal and Kraft Resist-Seasonal
Tissue wrap: Melange
Stationary set: Travel
Paper String: Strips and solids
Tinsel twine: So fine and petite in silver, black, halloween assorted, Christmas assorted
Muse (metal) tokens: all with Christmas words and sentiments
Trimmings: Ribbon covered with ephemera and nostalgic images
Woodlands: christmas trees and wreath ready to be misted with colored and glitter
Christmas (metal) adornments: star, snowflake, wreath and reindeer
Seasonal Chit Chat: hundreds of sticker words
Alpha tiles: lots and lots of vintage game piece type letters
Mirrored: Adhesive backed reflective material, think die-cutting and stamping..this should be fun to play with!
A couple of my favorites so far.....
Gotta love this tissue! Beautiful design, this one is called Melange, and good news there are two other new designs, Composer and Terminology. It comes in a roll 12" x 15'....I think you could have some serious fun with that much tissue!!
Can't wait to use it!
This little light, is DARLING, and yes it does light up. It's little, about 1 1/2" tall. Won't this be cute hanging in a shadow box!
....and of course I love the new stationary set! Cute travel ephemera collage on the front of the cards. You get 3 cards of each of the 4 designs along with the kraft envelopes in a fun metal tin.
I will be using the stationary set for sending notes to friends and family...but it occurred to me that since the notecards are made from a really nice heavy weight paper, they would also make a great cover for a mini journal to carry in my purse.
So, here's what I did:
1. Cut 10 or so text weight papers to fit the cover (no need to measure, just use the cover as your guide).
2. Fold all the papers in half and set aside.
1. You can leave your cover plain, or add something flat that will be practical inside a purse pocket. I had some fabric with words printed on it from a previous project and thought it would be fun to stitch a label on the cover.
1. Cut one of the cards in half.
2. Fold one of the pieces you just cut on the original crease line and cut the top at an angle as shown (the right side is about 1 1/2" from the top).
3. Since it was cut folded you now have 2 pockets.
4. Sew or glue the pocket along the outside and bottom edge as shown.
5. I included 2 pieces of the new Paper String in the back pocket stitching for a closure.
Use the pockets to hold receipts, business cards or whatever.
1. Punch 3 holes along the fold for binding. I did one an inch from the top, one and inch from the bottom and one in the center.
2. Bind together with the new Paper Twine and a simple binding stitch. To have your knot end up on the outside of the spine, stitch as shown. If you want the knot on the inside, just reverse it.
Both ends go back through the center hole to the outside.
Tie the knot over the string along the spine.
Knot the ends of the Paper String.
Here's another option - use ribbon and new Muse Token instead of the tie closure pictured above.
That's it, now I have a place to write stuff down I need to remember and keep all business cards and receipts together for CHA.