So happy to be here today to share another project I created with Crackling Campfire! One thing I love about Crackling Campfire is how it pairs so beautifully with my favorite Speckled Egg. It's like they were meant to be together! Todays project spotlight features a grungy woodgrain background and leaves cut from a few Sizzix Thinlit dies.
Lets get started!
- Adhere Woodgrain paper to the panel back with Collage Medium.
- Paint the surface of the Woodgrain with Distress Paint Speckled Egg. NOTE: I painted it on, then wiped over it with a wet wipe to thin out the color and let more of the grain show through.
- Once dry, rub Pumice Stone ink pad over the surface to bring up the grain pattern.
- Using your finger, wipe on Texture Paste Crackle in random spots. Immediately lay a stencil next to the Texture Paste then using a Palette Knife add more Crackle Paste through the stencil. Repeat. Then set aside to dry for at least 30 minutes.
- Using a damp paint brush, add Distress Crayons Walnut Stain and Peeled Paint over the Texture Paste to bring out the crackle finish. Dab away any excess with a wet wipe. I did the same technique to the Frame that had been set aside to dry.