With Easter approaching I wanted to create something special for the occasion. I used an idea from a project I did back in December but this time I used the new Alcohol Ink Alloys. What a difference that made! Let me show you what I did...
Lets start with the substrate - Today I'm using a Mini Etcetera Tag. I've used Collage Medium to cover the tag with paper from Abandoned, then sanded the edges to remove excess paper. You'll notice that I covered the reinforcer in the same paper and glued it to the tag.
Even though I loved the background paper I found this old book cover in a drawer and decided to use it (I mean, couldn't fit any better?). The cover has a lot of rough spots and crazing which makes me love it even more. I bought three of these at a flea market a few years ago and they have just been sitting in the drawer waiting for the right project. Well today is the day.
I colored a piece of Watercolor Cardstock with Distress Inks.
HERE if you are interested). I cut a piece of Mirrored to fit the window. Remember to remove the plastic protective coating sheet before moving to the next step.
I placed the piece on a folded paper towel so I could move it without touching the Mirrored piece (and the ink).
Using Alcohol Ink over Mirrored is easy because the surface is slick, so when you add a bit of 91% Isopropyl Alcohol to the surface (I use an eye dropper) and then the Alcohol Ink it almost slides right off the surface...but it really doesn't.
My Funky Wreath needs some Funky Flowers. Did you know that the wreaths are scaled to fit the Funky Flowers? That Tim thinks of everything!
I used flowers from two sets: Funky Floral 1 + Funky Foliage. I cut 4 flowers from Watercolor Cardstock and colored them with Distress Ink. I wanted colors that are light for spring and yet coordinate with the Alcohol Ink colors. So lots of purples and blue, with yellow and pink as an accent.
Once the flowers are dry, I like adding Rock Candy glitter over the top of the flowers but that is totally optional if you are not a glitter person. NOTE: I cut one flower from Funky Floral 1 into three pieces.
I added Collage Medium to the back of each flower to adhere to the surface, with the exception of the blue flower. I used a 3D Foam Square for that one so it sits higher than the rest. I have also added in the 4 loose stems that were part of the die set.