Just a quick project today using one of these frames I found at a junk shop. They were in a big brown box marked $3 each...no glass, but I usually don't need the glass anyway. I was going to buy a couple and then I thought what the heck and bought almost all of them (about 10 in total). For todays project I chose one of the smaller ones.
I painted it with Black Soot Distress Paint (no brown for me).
I cut a piece of chipboard to fit the back of the frame and a matching piece of burlap from the Textured Surfaces pack.
The burlap from the Textured Surfaces pack is self-adhesive, so I jut peeled off the paper coating to expose the adhesive and adhered it to the chipboard.
I also used some black masking tape to secure the chip to the frame.
I chose a few Flashcard words to add to the small frame.
The Flashcard pack has 72 cards and there are different words on the front and back...that is a lot of words to choose from. You can use as many as will fit in the frame.
I tried a lot of different sayings with many different cards.
Until I settled on this combination. As you can see, if the frame had had the glass it would have still worked.
Here it is hung at the end of my hallway in a grouping of artwork, some vintage, some Cori Dantini and some of my own. It's simple, and sometimes simple is just fine.