Maybe it's that "gatherer" mentality I have (although some might call it hoarding).
And maybe that's really what drew me to the industry in the first place (all those little bits and bobs I could gather up and no one would ask why).
So today's post is all about little things. Starting with these tins.
I have had these little tins for a while but have never found a use for them till now.
I chose two metal embellishments to alter.
Adornments - Nature: I painted the rose adornment with Weathered Wood Distress Paint. Once dry, I added gold Alcohol ink over the top, leaving just enough of the blue coming through.
I also used Mini Fasteners to make it look like the Keyhole was screwed to the front of the tin. In reality, the Mini Fasteners were placed into the holes and bent back, then the Keyhole was attached to the lid with Glossy Accents.
The numbers came from the Special Delivery Remnant Rub sheet (this new rub sheet has a huge amount of numbers, perfect for all my little projects). The black word strip is from Small Talk, which is a booklet full of short sayings (3 sheets of black and 3 sheets of white).
I used Mushroom Alcohol ink over her body and rubbed it around with a piece of felt (wear a rubber glove if you are worried about the alcohol ink getting on your skin). I added a bit of vintage looped tatting (something I collect) to make a collar for her dress. It looks a bit blue green because I pounced a bit of Pool Alcohol ink into the tatting to give it some color. I adhered the collar to her dress with Multi Medium because it dries clear and it isn't shiny. The tiny pearl in the center of the collar is from an old necklace.
The Typed Token was painted with gold Alcohol Ink and then Weathered Wood Distress Paint was added to the edges. The No.84 is from the Remnant Rub sheet.
I tried a few different trinkets in the background of the tin. Like these tiny buttons.
now carry on,