Number one reason - It is the nicest time of year on the Central Coast.
Number two - I love Halloween. I think it stems from the fact that my mom always made us Halloween costumes. Seriously, who doesn't like to dress up?
I thought I would start out Oct with a Haloween project I have been waiting all year to do. Read on and I will tell you why.
I used the new Distress Spray Stains to color cheesecloth (it's a Halloween staple). Black Soot, Crushed Olive and Dusty Concord are my colors of choice.
Now that the basic part of the front of the structure is done, turn the two cards over and lay them next to each other, about 1/8" apart. Use packing tape to secure the two pieces together.
Now the Cabinet Card Frames should stand up.
First, cut the number 31 from the Alpha Parts - Numeric sheet. These are black hard plastic, but I need them purple to match glitter. Purple Twilight Alcohol Ink will do the trick.
I cut them out and hand tinted them with Distress Markers.
I added a white skull to a Monocle (the Remnant Rubs - Apothecary comes with one black sheet and one white sheet).
The keyhole and one flower were added to the Frame with Multi Medium.
I cut black cardstock with the Spooktacular Decorative Strip - the PERFECT Halloween font!
(I did the sanding and inking before I placed the Label Letters on the project)
I put a piece of foam tape under the TOP of each number so the top portion would not slump down into the oval center.
click on photo to enlarge
Have a great weekend...
Now carry on,