1. Stamp tag with a script stamp (Antique Linen). You only need to do the top and bottom since the bingo paper with cover the middle.
|vintage photo for edges|
2. Adhere paper bingo card and brocade trim to tag. (see photo above, I forgot to take one before I glued the puff on!). Set aside to make the puff.
To make the powder puff-
3. Cut at least 1 yd of creme tulle lengthwise so you end up with two long skinny pieces about 1 1/4" wide. Here's how I did it: I cut one piece of tulle 2 1/2" wide with my roller cutter (of course) and then cut that piece in half to get two 1 1/4" pieces. Don’t worry, it does not have to be perfect, mines not!
4. Lay the two pieces on top of each other and run a basting stitch down the center of the 1 yd length.
|maybe I should clean the glue off my sewing machine?|
5. Gently pull the string to gather the tulle.
|adjust tulle so the ruffles are on one side of the stitching line|
7. Working in a circular motion, hand stitch the gathered tulle strip to the interfacing circle catching the cheesecloth in the needle. In other words, you don't need to stitch down into the interfacing.
|Start sewing on the outside of the circle and work your way to the center. This is very forgiving, you don't have to be a great seamstress to try this and if all else fails, you can glue it.|
8. Run a small piece of wire through a pearl. Bring the two ends of the wire together on one side of the pearl and twist once.
|I cut up vintage graduated pearl necklaces to get the right color, size and look.|
|You can see the bead cap is much larger than the pearl. I did that on purpose to make it look like the pearl is the center of a flower.|
11. I wrapped 24 gauge wire around an old ladies watch movement and added it to the blue bead dangle. Slip the jump ring onto the long wire with the bead cap as shown here.
Here is a You Tube video that shows the wrapping technique.
Super easy to do.
12. Tie a bow and thread the wire through the ribbon knot.
13. Then using the long wire like a needle, push through puff.
|backside of puff|
ETSY store info:
There are #8 manila shipping tags for sale in the ETSY shop and we should have the 3 colors of ribbon used in the calendar for sale by Saturday. 3 colors/5 yards each for $8.99
If your interested in the wings (tag 7) that sold out in one day. They have arrived! ...and are now listed again in the ETSY shop.
Have a great weekend everyone!
I'll meet you back here on Monday for one of my favorites...tag 14 Wish