Hello friends,I have so much to share this week! Including 4 projects using the new color from Tim Holtz and Ranger. Today I am sharing the Merry and Bright Vignette Tray. This is the large tray that comes in the pack. The box at the bottom comes from the Vignette Box set and it is the second from the largest.
You can see that I followed up the Collage Paper by painting the lip edge and inside of the Tray with Rustic Wilderness. After the paint was dry, I rolled out the gold Trim Tape (4 separate pieces) onto my craft mat. I added Mushroom Alcohol Ink to a Blending Tool and pounced over the tape multiple times (letting it dry for a minute between layers) to create the mottled finish that you can see here. The Alcohol Ink layers really add interest to the tape and give it a vintage vibe.
As you can tell, I did use Tiny Lights to light up the Vellum Scene in the background!
- Adhere holly patterned paper (from the Christmas Paper pad) to the back of the Tray. Add a layer of Collage Medium over the top to seal. Use damp paint brush to add Distress Crayon Walnut Stain over the paper to age.
- Paint the Vignette Box with Rustic Wilderness Distress Paint (inside and out). Once dry, add plaid paper to the inside back of the box. Use Collage Medium to glue the box into the tray. Let dry in place before standing the Tray up.
- Thread the Tiny Lights through a drilled hole in the Tray (or in my case I just used an awl and hammer to make the hole). Secure battery pack to the back as shown in a previous photo.
- Wind up lights in a loose circle inside the tray and secure with hot glue on the wire or Scotch Tape over the wire. I personally think Scotch Tape or cut pieces of packing tape are easier.
- Adhere the Vellum Scene to the plaid Baseboard Frame (USE TAPE, not wet glue to do this).
- Add risers to the back of the frame - I used small wood blocks but you could use bingo chips or another riser of your choosing.
- Add the white Warm and Natural to the top of the box. Fluff it up with a Tonic Scratch Tool.
- Now adhere the plaid frame to the tray, over the lights, so it rests on the top of the box. Let dry completely.
Use Distress Crayons to color the Paper Dolls of your choosing. I used Aged Mahogany for her coat and Faded Jeans for his. Fossilized Amber for the buttons and skate blades. If you have never colored Paper Dolls before, please refer to my post back in March on Distress Crayons.
I added foam squares to the back of the Paper Dolls so they can be added to the plaid frame.
The urn pictured here is from the Halloween 2020 and was is called "Grave Relics" but unless you own them already you will need to Google the name to see who still has some.
I used Picked Fence Distress Paint to wash over the Urn to give it a wintery vibe! The tree in the urn is the medium size that comes with the Woodlands set. There is also a small tree to the left, and that one is the tiny tree size in the Woodlands package. I sprayed each tree with Rustic Wilderness and then used Stickles glitter glue to add some sparkle.
At the top left there is a very pretty poinsettia ephemera piece that came from the Snippets Ephemera pack. I also added two glittered Bells and some pine that has been been cut from paper (Heavystock white) that I colored with Rustic Wilderness.
The bottom box was really easy to create:
- Use Alcohol Ink to color Baubles. I used Lettuce, Crimson, Patina and Butterscotch. Once dry, add all the Baubles to a plastic baggie and add a few drops of Mushroom Alcohol Ink. Squish around and dump out onto a paper plate to dry. Add to the Vignette box before you glue the acetate in place.
- Cut a piece of acetate to fit the top of the box.
- Stamp acetate with Staz-on Ink and the Stampers Anonymous Sketch Greenery stamp set.
- Adhere the acetate to the top of the box with Collage medium, let dry.
- Color white Heavystock paper with Rustic Wilderness Distress Spray Stain.
- Using the Sizzix Merry and Bright Thinlit, cut TWO sets of the words so they can be glued together to make then even thicker.
- Once they are glued together, paint over each word with Collage Medium (one word at a time) and then add Rock Candy Glitter. Let dry completely.
- Add the black Merry Christmas Trim Tape to the box edge (it will cover the edge of the acetate).
- Add the words with Collage Medium. Let them dry in place before you move the box. Don't worry that the letters might run off the edge of the box! It's fine!