(Please click on photos to enlarge)
I started by gathering some supplies:
Patterned Paper - From the Abandoned Paper Stash
Mixed Media Heavystock - used as a plain sheet + the Organic Thinlit
Kraft-Stock - I used gold for the 3D Texture Folder Foundry
To prepare, I used TWO layers of Weathered Wood embossing glaze over Organic die cut, letting it cool between inking and glazing the second time.
3D Texture Folder FoundryI used two layers of Hickory Smoke Embossing Glaze over the gold Kraft-Stock to give it a glass like finish. Because I used a metallic paper coated with a slick finish (unlike the Distress Heavy stock above) you can get a little flaking on corners if you press on it hard like I did when adding Distress Crayon around the edges. There are plenty of pieces that can be used as patches so if it flaked, I just changed it out. No big deal - I liked the surface so much that I wasn't willing to change my path.
This piece is all about layering. First the background, including the giant numbers that can be found in the new Layers Pack - Urban were added to the Vignette Tray with Collage Medium. Then I moved on to the center collage.
I have to mention the new Stitched Scraps! They are pieces of canvas, felt and linen that have been pre-sewn for you! I added the eyelet to the end so I could add some string. The Clippings sticker is from the NEW spiral bound book that we added 2+ pages of new phrases cut from old books (yes, they really are all found in books and cut out by hand).
I also added Hickory Smoke Glaze over the Typography Letters HOME. Easy to do and makes a great worn effect.
I also added some of the new Label Tape at the very end. The package comes with a roll of letters and a roll of numbers. Perfect for a lot of occasions.
This is one of my favorite pieces that I made for the Ranger Creativation booth. I had so much fun with all the new products including the glazes. I only used them on this project over solid things so the next one will be over patterns and text!
I'll be back next week with another project, so until then...